SUPERLUX R102 RIBBON MICROPHONE
The R102 is an active aluminum ribbon microphone designed for the recording studio.
It features the high sensitivity of a condenser microphone, yet exhibits the smoother frequency response and excellent transient response of a ribbon microphone. The fast dynamic response of a ribbon mic is optimal among all types of microphones.
The R102 active aluminum ribbon microphone consists of two parts: an electro-magnetic transducer and an impedance converting circuit. The electro-magnetic transducer applies a unique magnetic circuit field with a strong Nd magnet.
The aluminum alloy ribbon, with a thickness of only 2.5 microns, is suspended between two poles and vibrates in synchrony with the incoming acoustical energy (sound waves).
Due to the extremely low mass of the ribbon, the transducer of this microphone boasts a premium transient response in converting acoustic energy into electronic signals. Whether at low / high frequencies or low / high sound pressure levels, the R102 delivers a precise reproduction of the original sound.
- Wide and extended frequency response
- High sensitivity, wide dynamic range, low distortion and decreased noise
- Stable performance regardless of ambient temperature or humidity
- Figure 8 polar pattern with identical sensitivity at the front and back
- Easy field replaceable modular ribbon assembly
- Type: Aluminum Ribbon
- Element: Active pressure gradient electro-magnetic transducer
- Diaphragm: Aluminum ribbon of 2.5micron
- Magnet: Strong Nd
- Polar Pattern: Fig. 8
- Frequency Response: 20~15,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -40dBV/Pa (10 mV/Pa) at 1,000Hz
- Output Impedance: 250Î© Â± 20% at 1,000Hz
- Rated Load Impedance: >1,000Î©
- Max. SPL: >140dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: <20dB
- Power Supply: 48V Phantom Power only
- Current Drain: 4mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR-Male Type
- Dimensions: 57mm x 37mm x 195mm (h)
- Weight: 500g